Grow your own vegetables
Do you want to taste local vegetables, or do you want to grow your own vegetables under professional guidance? Then you have come to the right place. At Koningshof we learn a lot by doing things together. Everything grows a month earlier in our greenhouse than outside. This way we can show you what you can do in your own vegetable garden and also how you can do it.
Currently there is a waiting list. Due to the great interest, we cannot indicate how long it will take before a garden is available.
For questions about renting a vegetable garden, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do you get when you rent a garden?
- You can visit your garden every day from sunrise to sunset (otherwise in consultation).
- We regularly organize presentations and workshops with different themes about growing vegetables, harvesting, storing, preparing and eating them. We try to keep the costs for the participants of Koningshof as low as possible.
- The gardens are fenced against hares and rabbits. However, we cannot prevent that anything that flies or jumps higher than approx. 70 centimeters will sneak into your garden and take a nibble here and there…
- If desired, we can ensure for a small fee that your garden is milled/machine-throttled at the beginning of the season.
- There are tools such as wheelbarrows, buckets, spades, rakes, hoes etc. present.
- Storage space for your own small (hand) tools, shovels, gloves, boots etc. This space is not sealed off, so do not keep any valuables on Koningshof, if you do, this is at your own risk.
- Toilet space. there is a cleaning schedule, each garden is responsible for cleaning twice a year.
- In dirty weather you can hide in the barn or in the greenhouse with us, there are tables and chairs and there is a tiny library with gardening books, but you can also enjoy your lunch.